Thursday, May 29, 2008

Remodeling A-Go-Go


The plaster is off the walls, the ceiling has been raised and braced, and I have a new door! This picture shows the new beam running across the ceiling and the lathe walls. I don't know when we're going to have time to put the drywall on. My brother and dad work full time, I have a crazy schedule, and we have the next four weekends completely tied up with commitments. I guess I'll get used to living with it like this.

In the meantime, I also got a new door, with lots of windows. The kids and I decided to paint both outside doors a color called "Appletini". My mom is going to think we're crazy! It's sort of the color of Granny Smith Apples. I love it.

Here's the new door:
It lets in so much more light! It's beautiful. The room is going to be so nice when it's finally finished.

2 comments:

Zepherin said...

Hi Tomi! it's me, June :)

I'm dying to see what the door looks like when it's painted! I love the colour name! So much work to do still...good luck!

*hugs* XXOOXXOOXX

tomi said...

June! Yay! *huge hugs* I'll post more pictures soon. The doors still need another coat or two, but it won't stop raining!
XXOOXXOOXX