Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer

It finally feels like summer here, although we get a little rain almost every day. My daughter said it's like we live in Seattle. Not that we've ever been there, but we've heard that they get a lot of rain. Yesterday we sat outside for quite a while. Arianna read while I went through my hundreds of emails and worked on class reunion stuff. This is our makeshift desk (you can see my computer in the background--it's covered with stickers). The peonies are from my garden and I don't remember what the little purple flowers are called, but they smell heavenly.



I took some pictures of other flowers in the yard. Unfortunately, my little garden is looking pretty bad because I've been so busy with the house and stuff that I haven't had much time to devote to it. But some flowers have come up in spite of that! I'm terrible at remembering the names of flowers and plants, but I'll take a stab at it.

Stargazer Lily



I think this is a strawflower. I love the color.

3 comments:

Zepherin said...

The weather has been really good over here for quite a while now; Annelise has her end-of-school party this evening on the beach, should be fun. :)
Peonies are among my favourite flowers, yours are really beautiful! I also LOVE the colour of the strawflower, gorgeous!
When's your class reunion? I saw you caught up on Facebook too! :)

*huggles* XXXXXXXXXX

tomi said...

I have been catching up on facebook. :) My reunion is next weekend. I'm feeling quite nervous about it because I actually have quite a busy week so far. But I'm sure it'll be a blast when it finally happens!

I have a bouquet of peonies in my kitchen and they smell SO good! I'm using the picture of the strawflower as my laptop desktop background and it almost looks like the flower is floating above the greenery below it. It's really cool.

Annelise's party sounds fun! Is she still in school? My kids have been out for over a month! It's hard to believe!

*hugs* XXXXXXXXX

Zepherin said...

Annelise finished school on the 4th and won't have to go back till September. We'll be leaving for Greece on the 19th of July, looking forward to that! :)

Have LOADS of fun this weekend! Hope you do a pic post about it!

*HUGS* <3